Katie’s Clothing Closet
Christ Episcopal Church has a clothing “store” from which we offer clothing, shoes, handbags, children’s and baby items to all who come. We receive many donations and offer our goods for free. All is displayed as in a regular shopping atmosphere. We are open the last two weeks of the month: Monday and Friday from 12:30-1:30, Wednesday 4:30 – 5:30, Saturday 9:30 – 12.
We need volunteers for the following roles:
- To assist shoppers in finding items and in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere, folding items, working on displays
- To sort, fold, and place donations in shopping area by size during store hours and other times
- Marketing: through social media and other means get the word out to those in need
Click here to volunteer for Katie’s Clothing Closet
CHOW Food Pantry
We are open as a food pantry five times the last two weeks of the month, generally, Monday and Friday 12:30-1:30 and Wednesday 4:30-5:30. We need volunteers for the following roles:
- To assist clients on shopping days and do the paperwork of that day
- To assist in stocking deliveries on the second Tuesday of the month
- We always need shoppers to supplement what we receive from CHOW warehouse. The CHOW coordinator provides shopping lists and reimburses or pays in advance for the goods
Once a quarter, Christ Church has cooks for a Sunday meal to be served at Trinity Memorial at 105 Main Street. We need cooks for Friday evening, servers and sandwich makers on Sunday morning.
Twice yearly we have a rummage sale. In the month leading up to it, we need people who can sort and price items. The Sunday afternoon and Monday through Thursday before the sale, we need people who can bring the goods to the Great Hall selling area for display and final pricing.
The Sunday afternoon at the conclusion of the sale, we need people to box what is left either to donate elsewhere or to store for the next sale.
Click here to volunteer for the Rummage Sale
For more information, please contact: Rick Pescatore, email@example.com or 315-559-6108